Saturday, January 16, 2010

Adventures in Normandy

I apologize for not posting earlier, but it's really up to Mom in High Heels, and while she's a doll face is pretty busy with that boy and hasn't had the time to type up my dictation. I've been pretty busy too, between my teaching and tracking down priceless artifacts. I appreciate your patience. All right, enough of this sappy stuff. Let's look at a few of my photos from Normandy.



Here I am in Bayeux on a premium German motorcycle I "relieved" a German officer of. I think I look pretty snazzy on it,don't you? And, I found a few vintage bottles of Riesling in the saddle bags, which was an added bonus. Those Germans know their stuff when it comes to Riesling.


Oh, here I am at Utah Beach. A lot of brave men came up this beach. I of course was flying air support during the war. You'll notice I still have "my" motorcycle.



Now this is Point Du Hoc. Amazing story about this place. MIHH says you should go read it for yourself. She says I'm a professor, not a dictionary.


I'm sure this wasn't as interesting as it could have been, but MIHH says she's really busy (she's watching a movie-and not even one of mine) and cut all my lecture notes down to the bare bones. Kids these days. Anyway, I know this wasn't great, but come back for soon because I've got all kinds of photos to show you from my trip to Paris. Oo, la, la indeed.

2 comments: